Friday, July 24, 2009

Dude! I Camped on Fireball Island!

Who knew that Fireball Island was masquerading as a national monument near the Oregon Trail in Idaho? I was totally psyched to discover this. They had the pathways, the smolder pits, the stairs, the angry volcano god that tried to kill me. Everything! ... Well, it had morphed its jungles into the Devil's Orchard, forsaking the rain forest for a plethora of desert flora. Also, the caves are now called lava tubes, but I've been in them. They are definitely caves. Anyway, all of that is just Vul-Kar's clever disguise -- I saw through it, though.

Naturally, I spent hours trying to find the jewel (having already secured the token at the top of the North Crater). I went through some pretty mad cap adventures, dodging both fireballs and other explorers (I see you there, Red Guy!), but in the end I realized it was a metaphorical jewel. The treasure was a mosquito-free, relaxing campground with perfect weather. Once I possessed that knowledge, I kicked off my explorin' boots, put away my cards, and basked in my new found riches. Fuck yes.

No comments: